The Fourth of July falls on a Tuesday in 2023, so there will be plenty of time over the four-day weekend to celebrate our independence with a barbeque or two, attend a free concert, maybe a pickleball game, and of course fireworks and the traditional patriotic parade.
We all know that nowhere does spectacular events like Las Vegas. But locals also know that hometown celebrations like July 4th parades and parties are the best at bringing that Vegas flair while also keeping a small-town feel.
1. You can kick off the long holiday weekend with the Downtown Rocks Free Concert Series. Appearing on Saturday July 1 are Switchfoot on the 1st Street Stage and Skillet on the 3rd Street Stage.
2. The annual America’s Party in Henderson is being held in Heritage Park with live music headlined by Little Texas, great food and family games. Fireworks are scheduled for 9pm.
3. The 75th Annual 4th of July Boulder City Damboree kicks off with a 7am community breakfast followed by the parade at 9am. The day-long celebration continues with Festivities at Veterans’ Memorial Park including music by DJ Mike Pacini, food, family games and water park fun! Fireworks will light the sky at 9pm.
4. The Summerlin Council Patriotic Parade is the Las Vegas Valley’s largest and most popular Fourth of July parade, attracting more than 50,000 Southern Nevadans each year and featuring more than 70 entries, including floats, performing groups, giant helium inflatables, military and veterans groups and even professional sports teams, including the Vegas Golden Knights and the Las Vegas Aviators. The parade is free and open to the public and attracts families throughout the valley. The parade kicks off at 8:30am on Tuesday, July 4th.
A really cool place to watch fireworks light up the night sky over Las Vegas this Fourth of July is from the balcony of a residence at downtown’s modern high-rise condominium community Juhl with an up-close view of The Plaza Hotel’s display and a panoramic view of the Strip’s extravaganza.
But if you’re not fortunate enough to have your own personal viewing platform this Fourth of July, there’s always next year. In the meantime, here’s a list of hot spots for Las Vegas fireworks.
1. As downtown Las Vegas’ only live fireworks show the Plaza Hotel & Casino is going all out with a sunset fireworks display staged from multiple locations of the hotel’s towers and visible for miles. Also take a moment to experience the Fremont Street Viva Vision mesmerizing digital fireworks.
2. Thousands will also gather on the Las Vegas Strip where multiple hotels hold massive fireworks shows, starting at the same time. One of the biggest displays is launched by the Caesars Palace. The impressive 13-minute fireworks are shot from the hotel’s Julius Tower at 9 pm.
3. Lake Las Vegas also holds a party with a stunning pyrotechnic show. Plus, the annual 4th of July Fireworks at Stations Casinos includes a coordinated launch of fireworks at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa and Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa & Casino.
These and other living in Las Vegas lifestyle tips are brought to you by Juhl, the modern loft-style high-rise condominium community on Bonneville Ave. in downtown Las Vegas. For more information, call 702.816.5466.