December 23, 2018
There’s nowhere quite like Las Vegas for New Year’s Eve. We put on spectacular fireworks shows, have some of the world’s best DJs in our backyard, and party like it’s 2019. So whether you’re spending New Year’s Eve locally or want to get out of town, let’s look at some awesome ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve, from romantic road trips to champagne-popping parties in Las Vegas.
Vegas is the capital of entertainment, so it’s no surprise that our city knows how to ring in the new year the right way. Whether you’re looking to hit the club or are in the mood for something a little more low-key, here are some of our favorite ways to spend New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas:
What would New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas be without a few parties? There will be 2019 celebrations both on and off the Strip, and here are a few that you can’t miss:
1. Marquee Nightclub – Spend New Year’s Eve with French Montana, one of hip hop’s hottest stars, at Marquee Nightclub. Your ticket not only includes the show, but it also includes heavily passed hors-d’oeuvres and premium open bar for 2 hours. You can also secure 15% off a dinner at Beauty & Essex.
2. 108 Party in the Sky – You can’t beat the view from The Stratosphere, and you can’t beat this year’s New Year’s Eve party on the 108th deck! The party includes a 3-hour premium open bar, specialty cocktails, and food from Top of the World’s award-winning chefs. Celebrate NYE from 800 feet up and enjoy first-class views of the fireworks and the Strip below. Plus, don’t miss the champagne toast at midnight!
3. Calvin Harris at Omnia Las Vegas – Calvin Harris is always known to bring the party to Las Vegas, and this year’s NYE party is no exception. Guests can secure tickets to just the show, or add dinner at Searsucker to their experience. The night’s menu is one for the books and will set the tone for a great year to come.
4. America’s Party Downtown at the Fremont Street Experience – Last year, the Fremont Street Experience proved itself as a big-hitter when it comes to NYE parties and 2019 is sure to be the same. There will be 12 bands on four stages, including an EDM stage, a new Viva Vision light show featuring The Killers, and dazzling pyrotechnic displays. Even the mayor will be there!
5. Whoa! 90’s Grand House Party at the Downtown Grand – The 90s are back in full force, so grab your chokers, overalls, and hoop earrings and head downtown for this free New Year’s Eve party. Throw it back and ring in 2019.
Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal
There are countless places to watch the fireworks throughout Las Vegas. Here are just a few:
1. Park MGM – If you enjoy your fireworks paired with a culinary delight, Park MGM is the way to go. They’re offering delicious prix fixe menus from Bavette’s and Primrose, and their many other eateries will be open late to enjoy the festivities. There’s nothing better than celebrating 2019 with a delicious meal.
2. The High Roller – The High Roller is breathtaking any day of the year, but for New Year’s Eve it really takes the cake. View their NYE Packages to guarantee your spot at one of the best places to view this Las Vegas New Year’s Eve fireworks.
3. Juhl – One of the best parts of spending New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas as a local is that you don’t even have to leave home! At Juhl, you can enjoy your own private fireworks show right from the Vino Deck. Enjoy views of both Downtown Las Vegas and the Strip as you ring in the new year (and you don’t even have to get out of your PJs).
Want to get away from the rush of New Year’s Eve weekend in Las Vegas? There are countless weekend trips to take to celebrate the holiday your own way. Whether you’re hitting the slopes at the nearby resorts or want to dip your toes in the sand, Las Vegas is conveniently located near many nature escapes and urban getaways. Here are some great choices to ring in 2019:
1. San Diego – San Diego is just about five hours from Las Vegas and has everything you need to celebrate New Year’s Eve. If you’re looking for a fun night out, head to the Gaslamp District, where many of the city’s best bars and clubs are. If you’re in the mood for something a little more low key, watch the fireworks from Shelter Island in Point Loma. The whole area coordinates the show to music, so you get a spectacular show from all vantage points. On your way back, check out this San Diego to Las Vegas road trip itinerary!
2. Big Bear – Strap on the skis and bring your puffer jacket to Big Bear Lake, California, which is only about three and a half hours outside of Las Vegas. Ring in the new year on the slopes, in the hot tub, or cozied up in bed with some hot cocoa (extra marshmallows please!). No matter how you like to apres ski, Big Bear has it all. If you don’t want to embark on such a long road trip but still want some snow fun, Lee Canyon is only about an hour away from Downtown Las Vegas.
3. Bryce Canyon National Park – Bryce Canyon is a natural wonder you have to see to believe. While New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas is a classic experience, ringing in the new year in the middle of nature is special in its own way. Within a five hour drive, you can be completely immersed in red rock canyons, scenic hikes, and more. Stay in the area’s favorite bed and breakfast, Slot Canyons Inn, and come New Year’s Day you’ll be refreshed and ready to hit 2019 in stride.
4. Grand Canyon – If you live in Las Vegas, you have no excuse not to visit the Grand Canyon at least once in your life! And what better time to see this sweeping majesty than when you have a three-day weekend for the holiday? You can get to the Grand Canyon in about four hours from Las Vegas and from there, opt outside and spend a few days exploring, camping, and relaxing. Not sure where to start? Canyon Tours offers tours from Las Vegas with convenient pickups from many hotels. New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas just got more adventurous.
New Year’s Eve in Las Vegas doesn’t always have to mean bottle service and mega-DJs (although there is that, too!). Living in such a diverse city, you can toast to the new year with a delicious meal, have a staycation with all the amenities you need, or venture out to one of the countless weekend road trips from our beautiful city. No matter how you celebrate, Las Vegas residents are sure to have a great start to 2019.